You are one of 14 software engineers that work for a small software development company called “Naperville champs” Software. The city of Naperville hired you to work on a project that focuses on mapping the town. The city of Naperville would like to have access to information about every single business in Naperville and map instructions (intersections, say Chicago and Washington street has the following businesses: Chipotle, Barnes and Nobel, Mike Restaurant and so on). The new application will be available at the library for visitors who need that information OR online.
The application also has a Naperville Welcome basket feature which allows new residents to easily navigate thru the city; the packet could include information about the school districts, location of city library, collage information and so son.
- The tool should maintain a small database repository of project data.
- The ability to add/update/delete all information is required.
- Numeric key fields should be automatically generated.
- The system must respond to all requests within 10 seconds.
- A web-based solution would be nice, but not required.
The following reports are required:
- For a given location print all business around it (or within x number of miles)
- Print the welcome package.
- List all new business in the city (opened within the last year)
- List all shopping centers in the city
- List all school districts in the city
- List all Book stores in the city
- List all restaurants in the city
- And so on
- Each business is assigned a unique number as an ID. It should be described with a name, description, address, phone number, number of employees, contact phone number and email address, website url, map information (intersection information).
- If a business is closed, all associated information be deleted. A business (or any city facility like Library) must be closed before it can be deleted.
- Each City Location must be uniquely identified and has the following information: Location ID, Location description, nearest intersection, Google map (or other map providers) link.
- Each city attraction (Mall, Library School, etc.) must be uniquely identified and has the following information: ID, Type, description, Location.
- Attraction type need to ne configurable and has the following intitial types: Mall, Library, school, health club, Big Store (Sams Club, Costco, Home Depot)
- More requirement to follow